Harley Pasternack prepares Vegetarian Lasagna for his celebrity clients. Whether they are on the go, or sitting down for dinner, this vegetarian lasagna is great. It uses 5 simple ingredients, plus some herbs and spices. It is part of the 5-factor diet, where you want to eat 5 small meals a day.
- The Halle Berry Workout used Vegetarian Lasagna while training for Catwoman.
Cuisine: Vegetarian Dinner
Prepare time: 15 mins
Cook time: 35 mins
Vegetarian Lasagna is a great way to fill your craving for Lasagna, without the nasty fat from cheese and meats. 5 simple ingredients, plus a few herbs and spices
- 2 small eggplants, thinly sliced length wise cuts
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 pound tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup nonfat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season the eggplant slices with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a nonstick baking pan and then add the eggplant slices.
- Bake mixture for 15 minutes.
- Coat baking dish with cooking spray, then cover with eggplant slices.
- Add some of the tomato sauce over the eggplant, then add the sliced tomato. Sprinkle the tomato with basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Spread ricotta over the tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
- Repeat the layers, ending with mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Try switching up the herbs and spices you use. Add more vegetables if you wish. But, remember the key to losing weight is sticking to your routine. By keeping things simple, you will have a better chance of eating healthy.