The TRX Row exercise is good for the strength development of the upper back. The TRX Row is good for baseball players, golfers, and any other sports that require a strong back. While the TRX Row mainly works the lats and other muscles in the back, this exercise also strengthens your hand grip, shoulders, and core. It also helps any athletes who need to strengthen the follow-through of their swings or throws. The fact that you use your own body weight helps tone the body more than free weights often do.
To perform the TRX Row exercise:
- Shorten the TRX straps all the way up.
- Set your body in a straight line, as if you were in a vertical plank position.
- While keeping your arms straight, walk your feet forward until there is tension in the straps. This is starting position.
- Make sure to keep your palms facing each other throughout the lift.
- To begin the movement, retract your shoulder blades back and down.
- Now, pull your torso towards your hands keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Your body should remain rigid and your palms and wrists should stay neutral.
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat.
- If the exercise is too easy, move feet a bit farther forward.
- If it is too difficult with correct form, move your feet back a bit.
If you find that TRX rows become too easy, you can add some difficulty to the exercise. The lower you get, the harder the exercise becomes. You can even have a trainer or partner hold your feet in the air. If you can’t find someone to assist, a medicine or BOSU ball may work just as good.
But, remember to keep proper form. Keep a tight core, a straight body, and your palms facing each other throughout the lift. Search Suspension Trainers on Amazon ($20-$150).
Help Share the TRX Row Exercise
Know anyone who can benefit from the TRX row exercise?
Please share it with them below: