Shoulder Workout Plan: Raises and Flys
Here is the Shoulder Workout Plan that Gregory Joujon-Roche uses with many of his clients. He is known for the muscle building workouts and bodies behind Brad Pitt in Troy, Demi Moore in G.I. Jane, and Tobey Maguire in Spiderman. This triple set will use raises and flys to work your front deltoids, middle deltoids, shoulder cap, and rear deltoids.
Shoulder Workout Plan:
- Lateral Flys
- Front Raises
- Barrel Flys
Popular Shoulder Workouts
Trainer Gregory Joujon-Roche uses this Shoulder Workout for:
- Brad Pitt Workout for Troy used this shoulder workout plan to train to become Achilles.
- Pink uses this shoulder workout routine to get in shape for her singing tours.
- Demi Moore used this exercise to become the first female SEAL in “G.I. Jane.”
- Leonardo DiCaprio worked with Gregory Joujon-Roche using this workout for “Departed.”
- Tobey Maguire used this shoulder workout plan for Spiderman
- Michael C. Hall (Dexter) used this shoulder workout plan to get in shape for his role as Dexter.
- The Jay-Z workout, and the Beyonce workout, both use the Lateral Flys and Front Raises. Their trainer, Marco Borges, says that when doing lateral flys:
Keep your back straight and your abs contracted. Your fists, grasping the dumbbells, should be parallel to the floor when you reach your shoulder line.
Gregory Joujon-Roche says you should find a pair of weights that challenge you, or start light to get into the rhythm. Lateral Flys work the middle deltoids. Start just above parallel. Come back down. Make sure you grip the dumbbell with your arms back, so that your pinkie has the majority of the grip. This will translate the exercise movement into your middle deltoids. Go for 10 reps, and then hold for 10 seconds on the 10th rep.
Front Raises are for your front deltoids. This is the toughest one because you have to go straight up, without swinging. Don’t bend your arms; stay straight. Lock out through each lift, nice and smooth, so that your shoulders, not your hands, are performing the lift. Go for 10 reps, and then hold for 10 seconds on the 10th rep.
Barrel Flys are for your rear deltoids. “Barrel” because you want round, like a barrel, arms. Squeeze your rear deltoids as you perform 10 reps. On the 10th rep, hold for ten seconds at the top of the lift. If you’re feeling good, and want to reach what Gregory Joujon-Roche calls a “Breakthrough Moment,” do as many as you can.
Help Share the Shoulder Workout Plan
Know anyone who can benefit from the Shoulder Workout Plan: Lateral Flys, Front Raises, and Barrel Flys exercises?
Please share it with them below: