Rihanna Workout Thursday Routine
- Elliptical or Treadmill (30 mins)
- Martial Arts Training: Tae Kwon Do, and Karate kicks. (30 mins)
- Capoeira (an Afro-Brazilian dance, in the video below) (30 mins)
- Full Range Sit Ups (30 reps)
- Sit-ups with Torso Rotations (30 reps)
- Planks (30 reps)
- Roman Rotators (30 reps)
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees slightly bent
- Lift bent elbows in front of you at shoulder height, palms facing each other.
- Rotate torso and arms together diagonally up toward left.
- Repeat 8-12 times.
Rihanna Workout Friday Routine
- Choose from: Running/ Jogging in place /Side Shuffles / Grapevines / Backwards running / Treadmill / Elliptical / Stair Jumps / Hill Climbing (5 min)
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls (25 reps)
- Bicep curls into Overhead press (25 reps)
- Lying Triceps Extension (25 reps)
- Dumbbell Stiff-Legged Deadlift (25 reps)
- Jump squats (25 reps)
- Double Crunches (25 reps)
- Choose from: Running/ Jogging in place /Side Shuffles / Grapevines / Backwards running / Treadmill / Elliptical / Stair Jumps / Hill Climbing (5 min-30 min)
When Rihanna doesn’t have the time or access to a gym, she does a modified workout. It has the same concept as her gym workout. You want to start with cardio, then do upper/lower body, abs, and finish with 5 more minutes of cardio.
- Cardio warm-up, e.g. jogging, jump roping in place, running forwards, then backwards
- Lower body workout, e.g. squats
- Upper body workout, e.g. push-ups
- Core workout, e.g. sit-ups
- Cardio cool-down, e.g. side shuffles
Battleship Movie Workout
Starring as Petty Officer Cora Raikes in the movie Battleship, Rihanna had to get ready for her role. By working with a drill sergeant, she learned proper deameanor. She also did military style exercises (push ups, pull ups, burpees), and had to lug around large machinery and weapons.
I trained with a soldier, and he was psychotic. He really broke me down and had no remorse. I had to do a lot of physical training with a personal trainer as well as the soldier, and it was gruesome, but fun. One man drilled me, yelled at me, made me do push ups. It really got you in the mentality.
Variety in Rihanna’s Workouts
Getting bored is something that usually happens over time. The cool thing is that with the 5-factor workout, you can always switch up the routines you do. This is why you want to come prepared with alternatives. This is why Harley Pasternack changes up what she does. Check out Harley Pasternak’s book for the variations and alternatives to each exercise.