One-Arm Side Plank
The One-Arm Side Plank is a yoga pose that works the abs, butt, hamstrings, arms, and calves. This is one of the best exercises, or yoga poses, to stretch and work your obliques.
To Do One-Arm Side Planks:
- Begin in plank position.
- Move your right hand underneath your head.
- Make sure your waist is lifting up, so your top hip is lifting up towards the ceiling.
- Shift your body to the side, so that you are balancing on the right hand.
- Place your left foot on top of your right foot.
- Now, extend your right hand off floor, shifting your weight onto your left hand and left leg.
- Hold 30 seconds each time, and aim for 8-10 reps.
- Harness your body’s energy, by extending your leading hand upward, into the air.
- Switch legs to complete rep, by switching so that the left leg and hand on the ground.
- Hold again for 30 seconds.
If you are having trouble, you can use a variation of the side planks. By putting your top leg on the ground, you will give yourself more leg support. This will help stabilize you while you are learning the side plank.
Advanced Side Planks can be done by grabbing your top leg with your top hand. This will help increase your flexibility and work your obliques.
Popular Workouts with the One-Arm side plank yoga pose include:
- The Jennifer Aniston workout uses the One-Arm Side Plank during her Yoga workouts.
- The Gisele workout uses the One-Arm Side Plank during her yoga & aerobics workouts.
- The Jennifer Garner Workout for her movies uses Side Planks. She starts with normal, and reverse crunches, then transitions into Elbow-to-Knee Crunches (another name for bicycle crunches). Then, Jennifer Garner does Side Planks and Forearm Planks.
- The Jessica Biel workout uses Side Planks as part of her workouts with celebrity trainer Jason Walsh.
Here is a variation of the One-Arm Side Plank, using Hip Drops:
The One-Arm Side Plank in Yoga Workouts
The One-Arm Side Plank is used in many yoga workouts. Mandy Ingber’s Yogalosophy, used by celebrities like Jennifer Aniston and Kate Beckinsale, is a popular example of a yoga workout that uses the One-Arm Side Plank.
Interested in the yoga workout Jennifer Aniston uses? Get Mandy Ingber’s Yogalosophy Workout DVD (on Amazon).
Share The One-Arm Side Plank Yoga Exercise
Know anyone interested in adding the One-Arm Side Plank Yoga Exercise to their exercise routine?
Or, anyone you know that who could benefit from the One-Arm Side Plank Yoga Exercise?
Share The One-Arm Side Plank Yoga Exercise With Them Now!