Mila Kunis Workout: Weight Gain And Loss For Her Movies
The Mila Kunis Workout has varied from movie to movie. Friends With Benefits was all about weight gain and looking sexy. Whereas, Black Swan was about weight loss to fit her ballerina role. The Friends With Benefits workout combines strength with endurance exercises, consisting of six movements done in a circuit for 40 minutes with no rest. The Black Swan workout involved workouts seven days a week, and a very low caloric diet.
Mila Kunis moved from the Ukraine to L.A. when she was 7. Kunis is known from That 70’s Show, where she had to lie about her age to get the role. Recently, she was spotted kissing Ashton Kutcher on the 4th of July. The 5’4″ actress loves to travel, and often sets out on foot to explore new scenery with her brother. When it came to losing weight for Black Swan, things got drastic. She had to drop to a 1200 calorie per day diet. She did ballet workouts 7 days a week with her coach.
“My mom freaked out, She was like, ‘You have to promise me this isn’t going to affect you.’ I would literally look at myself in the mirror and I was like, ‘Oh my God!’ I had no shape, no boobs, no @ss … all you saw was the bone. I was like, ‘This looks gross”
“It was the most intense training I’ve ever had in my life, and probably will have for anything. I lost 20 pounds, so I went down to 95 pounds. I weigh 117 usually, like today. When I gained the weight back, it went to completely different areas”
For Friends with Benefits, Mila Kunis tapped Brian Abercrombie to be her celebrity trainer. He is most famous as the one who trained Gerard Butler in 300. Abercrombie increased Kunis’ workouts from three days per week up to five. Brian Abercrombie introduced Kunis to a training system called “P.A.C.E” (Power, Agility, Core, and Endurance).
“The focus is rarely on a specific body part but on the body as a whole,” Abercrombie says. “The rest usually takes care of itself. There was a joke in the script about her having no butt. I was determined to make them re-write it,” he says. “I don’t know if they did, but her butt looked good.”
P.A.C.E (Power, Agility, Core, and Endurance) workouts focus on reducing oxidative stress. Oxidative stress is what makes you feel sore after a workout, especially in your joints. The P.A.C.E. workout includes Hindu squats, Alternating Lunges, Squats, Pullups, Tricep Dips, Insteap Touches, Jump Squats, Knee Bend Calf Raises, Crunches, Box Jumps, Leg Levers, Flutter Kicks, and Planks.
Mila Kunis Workout Routine
Mila Kunis is often asked about her workout routine after starring in big movie roles. The Mila Kunis workout is a compilation of P.A.C.E. workouts she has talked about in Women’s Health, Glamour, Shape Magazine, and E! Online. Kunis used a box step, a TRX Suspension Trainer, an olympic bar and a medicine ball for her workouts. In addition to her workouts, Mila Kunis ate well-balanced meals of low glycemic carbs, proteins and essential fats.
Mila Kunis Workout Exercise #1:
- Start in a pushup position with both hands on a box, plated weight, step or other raised surface.
- Move one hand to the floor and one hand remaining on the box.
- Do a full pushup and then return to the first position and alternate to the other side.
- As shown in the Walkover Pushup link here, you will want to criss-cross your hands when alternating.
- Switch up by “walking” with either your hands or your feet.
- Complete 15 reps.
Mila Kunis Workout Exercise #2:
- Start in a pushup position-hands on floor, wider than shoulder width.
- Pull one foot up, underneath you so that your knee is at chest level.
- As you pull it forward, bend it in, while the other leg becomes extended.
- Alternate foot position rapidly, as if running in place.
- Complete eight-twelve reps for each leg. Do 3 sets. Find the Mountain Climber exercise here.
Mila Kunis Workout Exercise #3:
To perform the TRX Row exercise:
- Shorten the TRX straps all the way up.
- Set your body in a straight line, as if you were in a vertical plank position.
- While keeping your arms straight, walk your feet forward until there is tension in the straps. This is starting position.
- Make sure to keep your palms facing each other throughout the lift.
- To begin the movement, retract your shoulder blades back and down.
- Now, pull your torso towards your hands keeping your elbows close to your body.
- Your body should remain rigid and your palms and wrists should stay neutral.
- Lower your body back to the starting position and repeat.
- If the exercise is too easy, move feet a bit farther forward.
- If it is too difficult with correct form, move your feet back a bit.
- Complete eight-twelve reps.
Mila Kunis Workout Exercise #4:
- Take the handle of a dumbbell in both hands
- Hold them so that they are in an overlapping baseball bat grip.
- Straighten your arms and forward fold, keeping your legs straight.
- With both your arms and legs straight, set your elbows on your knees and maintain contact throughout the motion.
- As if dragging the weight, drop your butt toward your heels and bring the lagging weight up and under your chin.
- Complete eight-twelve reps.
Mila Kunis Workout Exercise #5:
Stir the Kettle
- Hold an olympic bar with both hands
- Place one end of the bar on the floor into a corner of a wall.
- Raise the other end of the bar up to chest level and lean into it, while still holding it with both hands.
- Make a big full circle, as if stirring a large kettle.
- Complete eight-twelve reps in each direction.
Mila Kunis Workout Exercise #6:
Medicine Ball Slam
- Hold a medicine ball with both hands over your head.
- With arms fully extended and feet hip-width apart, slam the ball into the floor.
- Drop as you go into a full deep and proper squat and catch the ball as it comes off the floor.
- Bring the ball back to the raised position.
- Complete eight-twelve reps.
For Black Swan, Mila Kunis was restricted to a 1200 calorie diet for six months. To gain weight after the movie, she combined eating at her favorite restaurants, like IN-N-OUT and Chinese restaurants, with an active lifestyle.
“It took me five months to lose 20 pounds, but it took me just five days — days! — to gain it all back.”
Trending For The Mila Kunis Workout:
- mila kunis black swan workout
- mila bodyweight loss
- mila kunis diet for black swan
- mila kunis weight loss routine
Share The Mila Kunis Workout
Know anyone who can benefit from Mila Kunis workout?
Looking for more Celebrity Workouts For Women? Get The Best Female Workouts Here!
Share Mila Kunis workout. (Only with anyone you like), below.