Matthew McConaughey Diet
The Matthew McConaughey diet involves a lot of clean eating, with low-GI foods. Based on Gunnar Peterson’s advice, the Mathew McConaughey diet consists mostly of:
- high fiber, low sugar cereals
His nutritionist tapers his carbohydrate intake, so that he eats less as the day goes on. Also, he is on a very low-calorie diet for weight loss. Matthew McConaughey says:
As I’ve gotten older, I realize that being fit and in shape is 90% diet. It doesn’t matter how much you run, it’s how little or how much you eat.
Gunnar Peterson makes sure all his clients eat a 50% carb /30% protein /20% fat diet. Gunnar Peterson also lives by the “out of sight, out of mind” philosophy. If you don’t have bad food in your house, you’re less likely to eat it. They like to cycle what vegetables Matthew eats, in order to take full advantage of Mother Nature’s antioxidants.
Matthew McConaughey’s nutritionist makes sure his diet includes a whey protein shake every few hours. McConaughey’s diet includes a protein shake upon waking up in the morning, and in between meals.
Nutritionist Chris Lockwood Ph.D., says he put Matthew McConaughey on the following supplements:
- Co-Q10 supplement
- Green tea formula
- Fenugreek seed extract (for fat loss)
- Forskolin (for vascularity)
- 7-Keto DHEA (fat-burning)
- D-Aspartic Acid (A.M. and post-training)
- Pre-workout combo of creatine, taurine, beta-alanine, caffeine
- During workout: combo of BCAA’s, Glutamine, electrolytes
Matthew McConaughey Diet: Wine!
Matthew McConaughey got to incorporate wine in his diet. His nutritionist, Chris Lockwood, Ph.D., has found that drinking one glass of wine per day increases muscle vascularity. This means that a glass of wine increases your muscle’s size and appearance. Drinking a glass of wine a day increases the amount of air and water that your muscles hold. Drinking more than 2 glasses of wine reverses this effect.
Matthew McConaughey Videos
Matthew McConaughey Workout Sources
Sources for the Matthew McConaughey workout routine include:
- Interviews with Matthew McConaughey while promoting Magic Mike.
- Interviews with his trainer Gunnar Peterson.
- Gunnar Peterson’s book: The Workout: Core Secrets from Hollywood’s #1 Trainer (Interested? Get…on Amazon)
- Articles in Bodybuilding, Men’s Health, and GQ.
Popular Trends For McConaughey’s Workout:
- matthew mcconaughey workout for magic mike
- Magic Mike workout routine
- matthew mcconaughey workout and diet
- matthew mcconaughey weight loss
- matthew mcconaughey exercise plan
Matthew McConaughey Height and Weight
Matthew McConaughey is 5’11 (181 cm), well according to his monogrammed bathrobe, 5’11 3/4 in. His weight is 185 pounds (84 kg). Matthew McConaughey lost weight for Magic Mike, and got down to 150 pounds (68 kg). His weight loss for The Dallas Buyer’s Club is 50 pounds, so he is down to 135 (61.2 kg).
Help Share the Matthew McConaughey Workout
Know anyone who can benefit from the Matthew McConaughey workout?
Please share it with them below:Looking for more workouts for men? Get The Best Male Workouts Here!