Low Boat Pose
Low Boat Pose is a great abs yoga exercise. All your abs muscles are engaged during the low boat pose. The standard boat pose is shown in the first picture, where you bring your legs up into a V-shape. The second image shows a low boat pose. Here, you only bring your legs 6 inches off the floor. Remember to focus on your breathing, as this ab exercise can be quite strenuous, but worth it.
- Sit with your knees bent, feet flat on the a mat or the floor.
- Now, hold your hands out toward your legs.
- Lean back while lifting your abs and extending arms straight out.
- Raise your feet while keeping your legs straight, bringing your body into a V-shape.
- Hold for 30 seconds, go longer with time and experience.
- Remember to breathe as you hold your abs in place.
- Typically, you want to do 3 sets of 10 reps.
To transition into a Low Boat Pose:
You want to only raise your legs 6 inches off the ground. This may sound easier, but it works your lower abs. Thus, it may be more difficult to perform. Again, remember to focus on your breathing as you perform this ab exercise.
- The Jennifer Aniston workout uses Low Boat Pose, during her Yoga workouts.
- The Gisele workout uses the Low Boat Pose during her Tracy Anderson aerobics & Yoga workouts.
- The Jessica Biel workout uses this exercise, as part of her yoga workouts. On the other days, Jessica Biel does strength circuit training.
Help Share the Low Boat Pose Yoga Exercise
Know anyone who can benefit from the low boat pose yoga exercise?
Please share it with them below: