Katy Perry Workout Routine
The Katy Perry workout routine includes the following sources:
- Harley Pasternack’s 5-Factor website, 5Factor.com
- Interviews in People Magazine, Vogue Magazine, and Elle Magazine.
Keep Up The Intensity
The 5-Factor workouts are easy to follow because they are so simple. The key is to make sure you go at high intensity. Katy Perry worked her way up to these repetitions, you can start by doing less repetitions. Once you have the form down, keep up the intensity. Just make sure to keep your heart rate up with cardio throughout the workout.
Bump Up the Cardio
If you’re looking to lose weight, bump up the cardio. Harley says that instead of doing the 5 minute cardio cool down, he has his clients go for 30 minutes. This is all dependent on time. If you have the time and ability to do more cardio, by all means, do it!
Katy Perry Diet
The Katy Perry diet is about eating 5 small meals (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner). Eating healthy is an important part of staying healthy. While touring, Katy Perry says:
Eating healthy is so important because I can’t afford to get sick…When I was on the road, it was very important to eat a balanced meal and to make sure my energy was up for every two-hour show.
- low-fat, sources of protein
- healthy, (low GI) carbohydrates
- high in fiber (less refined the better)
- healthy fats (olive oil, etc.)
- sugar free beverages
- smoothies with berries
- healthy nuts, like almonds
When asked what’s more important for losing post-baby weight, diet or exercise, Harley Pasternack said:
You need both. Megan and Brian eat really well. They both cook and love using their blender. They love my smoothie recipes! Megan’s favorite is the red smoothie, which is whatever berries are in season, Chai tea, a scoop of protein powder, and a little bit of almond milk.
Harley Pasternak, the trainer and nutritionist behind the Katy Perry diet, wrote a book called The 5-Factor Diet (Amazon). The diet is about keeping things simple, and healthy, by making meals that only take 5 minutes to prep. Harley Pasternak says the secret to weight loss is finding things that are both healthy and delicious. The Katy Perry diet includes 5-Factor meals such as:
- Healthy Hot Chocolate
- Chocolate Mousse
- Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
- Baked Apple/Pear Delight
- Lite Avocado Dip
- Terrific Tuna Melt
- Protein Packed Fruit Salad
- Pita Pocket Snack
- French Toast with Ricotta
- Vegetarian Lasagna
Harley Pasternak also put together 150 recipes for his clients in a new book called The Body Reset Diet Cookbook (Amazon).
Katy Perry recently told magazines her staple foods for how to stay slim include:
- Soups (light, brothy style)
- Grilled Chicken
- Fresh juices, smoothies and coconut water
- The Mushroom or-M-diet
- Pop Chips (she signed a deal with them)
- When craving Mexican food: Whole wheat tortilla, turkey, black beans, low-fat cheese
On tour, TMZ reports that she requires a dressing room full of healthy food:
- two large baskets of fruit
- dinner must include a vegetarian option
- quinoa or couscous.
- meals must be low fat and health conscious .
- fresh organic fruit (including pineapple, mango, kiwis)
- fresh cut crudites (cucumber, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, snap peas & celery)
- healthy, low-fat granola
- dried figs
- whole grain tortilla chips
- large bowl hummus
- fresh made guacamole
When preparing for a cover shoot on Vogue, Katy Perry went on a diet. The diet included no alcohol, a master cleanse, and changed from coffee to green tea. She told Jay Leno: “I did a lot of my own prepping. I kind of went on a cleanse… I did a lot of stuff like vitamins and supplements, I changed my coffee to green tea, I didn’t drink any alcohol for three months. So I was really in the zone and just really wanted to be glowing for that cover.”