Jennifer Lawrence Workout Thursday Routine
Here’s the Jennifer Lawrence Workout Thursday Routine:
- Morning: Sprints
- Afternoon: Archery/Yoga
- Evening: Bike
Jennifer Lawrence Workout: Sprints
- Cardio Warm Up: Skipping back and forth
- Cardio Warm Up: Marching for 1/2 mile
- Grapevines (5 mins)
- Side-To-Side Steps (5 mins)
- Sprints: 200-meters x2
- Sprints: 150-meters x2
- Sprints: 100-meters x2
- Stair Jumps (20 mins)
Jennifer then does yoga in the afternoon:
Jennifer Lawrence preferred the stationary bike because she could not afford to get hurt before filming. Filming a movie where she’s constantly climbing, running, and shooting arrows, Jennifer Lawrence needed to be healthy. The stationary bike is the safest way to go, but requires that you push yourself. Challenge yourself – Don’t just read a book, barely moving your legs.
For the marching warm up, Dr. Joe Horrigan says:
You want your elbow to stay about 90 degrees. Have your elbow come back, and the hand come forward, right about in front of the face.
Jennifer Lawrence Workout Friday Routine
- Morning: Agility
- Afternoon: Stunts/Archery
- Evening: Bike
Jennifer Lawrence Workout: Agility
- Cardio Warm Up: Cardio warm up on stationary bike (10 minutes)
- Lower Body Warm Up: Walking Lunges (15-20 reps per leg)
- Jump Squats (30 secs on / 30 secs rest)
- Lateral Lunges (10 reps each leg)
- Step Ups onto bench (10 reps each leg)
- Pushups (20 reps, use knees if necessary)
- Straight-Leg Sit-Ups (15 reps)
- Side Planks (30 secs hold)
- Repeat each exercise 3 more times (rest 60 secs between sets)
- Medicine Ball Workout
- Evening – (30 Minutes on a stationary bike)
Jennifer Lawrence workout trainer, Dr. Horrigan, says you can’t just go at a stead pace on the bike the entire time. Instead, you have to change up your workout on the stationary bike. Here’s what he says he did to train Jennifer Lawrence:
We did work at the track and stationary biking in the evenings. On the stationary bike, it was a blend between anaerobic rides with sprint intervals, and other time it was anaerobic endurance, where the sprint be a little longer. Other days, it would be a steady state of traditional cardio rides.
Jennifer Lawrence Hunger Games Workout
The Jennifer Lawrence Hunger Games workout included lots of stunts like climbing trees, running through forests, and even archery. She worked with coaches and trainers to perfect the moves she would be making on set.
One time on the Hunger Games set, Jennifer Lawrence got her while trying to climb a wall. She fell down, pointing to her spleen. She was in pain, and taken to a radiologist. Everything came out fine, and she was ready for work the next day. For the sequel, Jennifer Lawrence has asked Director Gary Ross to cut down on the amount of running and climbing she has to do, while acting.