Jennifer Lawrence Workout
Dr. Joe Horrigan is famous for working with celebrities. He specializes in helping actors avoid injury while getting in shape for their movies. This was perfect for the Jennifer Lawrence workout, because there was no way she could climb trees and run through the forest, during filming, if she was injured in any way.
So, the Jennifer Lawrence workout is all about doing safe, effective exercises to get in shape fast. But, one issue was that Jennifer Lawrence started working out only six weeks before filming. Her trainer, Dr. Joe Horrigan says:
We only had six weeks. So it was a very intense workout. We had warm ups, track drills, agility drills, medicine ball workouts, sprints. And then, we had stationary bike rides. We had people train her to climb trees, climb rocks, she even had archery workouts.
Jennifer Lawrence Workout Monday Routine
The Jennifer Lawrence workout and diet for Hunger Games prepared her to play Katniss Everdeen. Here’s the Jennifer Lawrence workout routine for her role as Katniss Everdeen in Hunger Games:
- Morning: Agility
- Afternoon: Stunts
- Evening: Bike
Jennifer Lawrence Workout: Agility
- Cardio Warm Up: Cardio warm up on stationary bike (10 minutes)
- Lower Body Warm Up: Walking Lunges (15-20 reps per leg)
- Jump Squats (30 secs on / 30 secs rest)
- Lateral Lunges (10 reps each leg)
- Step Ups onto bench (10 reps each leg)
- Pushups (20 reps, use knees if necessary)
- Straight-Leg Sit-Ups (15 reps)
- Side Planks (30 secs hold)
- Repeat each exercise 3 more times (rest 60 secs between sets)
- Medicine Ball Workout
- Evening – (30 Minutes on a stationary bike)
Dr. Horrigan knew he would have to make the workouts fun, safe, and effective. In an interview after the movie, Silver Linings, Jennifer Lawrence is famous for saying about exercising:
I hate exercising. I want to punch people in the face who say that. But, it’s nice to be in shape for a movie, because they basically do it all for you. It’s like here’s your trainer. This is what you can eat.
Jennifer Lawrence also had to prepare for the Katniss role by going to climbing gyms. In order to develop catlike reflexes, Jennifer Lawrence had to become an expert climber: