Jason Statham Wednesday Workout Routine = Interval Training – Rowing & Boxing
Here, you use a rowing machine to perform interval training.
- Rowing Machine: Warmup 2000 meters @ 15-20 SPM (strokes per minute)
- 6 intervals of rowing/active rest:
- Rowing: 500 meters
- Active rest: walk around your gym/home (3 mins, then repeat 5 more times)
- Boxing: Cardio Workout:
- Shadowboxing Warm Up
- Lunges for Legs Warm Up
- Five 3-minute intervals of punching/kicking vs. padded target
- Three 2-minute rounds vs. a heavy bag
- One 3-minute session vs. speed bag
- Kettlebell Farmer Hold – Carry an object 500 yards as quickly as possible. (3 sets)
Jason Statham loves to workout with his buddy, Bas Rutten. When they box and train together, Jason Statham says:
He uses punching combinations. He’ll call out ‘one’ a left. Then, ‘two’ a right. Or ‘three’ a left, a right, and a left hook.
Jason Statham Thursday Workout Routine = Lower Body & Pushups
- Rowing Warmup: 2000 meters
- Body weight squats: 20 reps
- Weighted Front Squat (5 sets x 5 reps)
- Use a weight that is 110% of your body weight.
- Rest 90 secs in between sets
- Stiff-Legged Deadlift (Do 4 sets of 1 rep @ 130%, 140%, 160%, 180%, of your body weight)
- Take 3 min break between deadlift sets
- Reverse Crunches (for your abs)
- Cooldown: 200 Pushups (Ladder routines, sets of x15, x20, x25, x20, x15)
Jason Statham’s trainer, ex-Navy SEAL trainer Logan Hood, says it’s not just about doing intense workouts. It’s what you eat, how you react, and how long you sleep that’s just as important. Logan Hood says:
Training is only one piece of the puzzle. Sleep is huge. Stress is huge. Fuel you’re putting in your body is an enormous component.
Jason Statham Friday Workout Routine = Cumulative Routine
- Warm Up: Rope Climbs x5
- Warm Up: Bear Crawls 20 yards x5
- Warm Up: Crab Walks 20 yards x5
- Workout: One set of each exercise, performed briskly:
- Front Squats x5 120% body weight
- Medicine Ball Slams x5
- Rope Pulls x5
- Flat Bench Press x10
- Medicine Ball Slams x10
- Pullups x15
- Medicine Ball Slams x10
- Bar Dips x15
- Medicine Ball Slams x15
- Rope Pulls x20
- Medicine Ball Slams x20
Jason Statham Plyometrics Exercises
Jason Statham also likes to do plyometrics exercises. He uses the following exercises when he has the time:
- squat thrusts
- jump rope
- star jumps
- tuck jumps
The key to plyometrics is to go hard, and explode through the exercise:
If I’m doing a pushup, I go down slowly and, bang, push up.
As with any workout, you want to change the reps and sets. Increase them as time goes by in order to push yourself into becoming better. Logan Hood, Statham’s trainer, says:
In Jason’s case, I could get him to do a large volume of work, as long as I kept changing the sets and repetitions. He would prefer to do twice as much work, as long as there was a lot of variety.
Looking for more Celebrity Workouts For Men? Get The Best Male Workouts Here!
Jason Statham’s Core & Diving Past
Jason Statham competed in the 1992 World Championships in diving. His diving past allowed him to build a strong core, which is the foundation of his workouts today. For his abs, Jason Statham used to do 500 situps/other variations a day, while training. These variations included leg lifts, or “pike ups” as he likes to call them.
Jason Statham Expendables 2 Workout
The Jason Statham Expendables 2 workout was built to get him bulked up for the movie. When being cast beside Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Randy Coture he had to gain muscle mass. His workout program included much of the Jason Statham workout routine listed above, including:
- Sled Rope Pulls
- Circuit Training: 3 pullups, 5 pushups, 7 squats (repeat circuit for 5 minutes)
- Stiff-legged Deadlifts
- Standing Military Press
- Split Squats
- Hanging Knee Raises
- Upper Body Ab Crunches
While filming in Bulgaria, the crew of the Expendables 2 had to use a hotel gym. Still, they were able to get in good workouts when they had time. This included having Sylvester Stallone negotiate with the hotel, so that the gym could stay open at night.