Henry Cavill Friday Superman Workout Routine
1st workout: Henry Cavil Friday Superman Workout Routine
Upper Body & Metabolic Workout
- 10 minute Rowing machine (warm up)
- 6 sets of: 10x Bench Press (alternating arm, with kettlebells if you can)
- 4 sets of: 12x Military Push Press
(Rest 2-3 minutes), then 3 circuits of the following exercises: Do 45 secs of each exercise.
- Man-Makers (with dumbbells)
- Arnold Press (The Henry Cavill workout used alternating, one hand dumbbells)
- Squat Assisted Push Press
- Hammer Curls
- (Rest 2-3 mins), then 1 min rowing machine at a fast pace, heavy resistance.
This workout is called “Tailpipe” because that is how you will feel when you’re done. Like you’re sucking on a “Tailpipe” of a vehicle, and all you’re getting is exhaust because you can’t breathe. 3 sets of each:
- 250m Rowing Machine as fast as you can go, heavy resistance.
- Kettlebell Rack Hold with 53kg. (Video shows Mark Twight showing the Tailpipe workout)
What Mark Twight likes to do is have people partner up. So, Henry Cavill will do the 250m rowing, while his trainer is holding the kettlebell. Then, Henry Cavill and his trainer, Mark Twight, switch places. Finally, repeat each for a total of 3 sets of each exercise.
2nd workout: “Sparrow’s Dozen” Friday Superman Workout Routine
12 total rounds of exercises below for “Sparrows Dozen”
Total Body Workout
- 12x Deadlift @ Bodyweight (however much you weigh, or can do 12 times)
- 12x Pullup
- 12x Pushup
- 12x Medicine ball slams
You may not get all 12 rounds to start. Do as many as you can to start. Perfect your form, then worry about getting in the entire amount of reps of the workout. Now that you’re done with Sparrows Dozen, do 60 reps of each (Break down into 3 sets of 20 if you need):
Henry Cavill Workout Saturday Routine
1st workout: Henry Cavill Workout Saturday Routine
Cardio / Legs Workout
Do Five rounds of the Legs Circuit (1st 5 exercises), then finish with 3 rounds of the burpees/crawls routine.
Henry Cavill says about his workout motivation:
It’s Superman, you’ve got to do justice to the character. I’d look in the mirror with the suit on, and think…Wow, I’m Superman, I’ve got to do justice to this character. I kept looking in the mirror, and telling myself that.
2nd workout: Henry Cavill Workout Saturday Routine
Upper Body Workout
Do three total rounds:
60sec at each of the following stations with 30sec rest to switch between each:
Finish the Superman workout with:
- 10x reps Shoulder Dislocate
- (1-5) Pull-Ups Ladder (Henry Cavill used rings instead of a normal Pull Up bar. Ladder means you start with 1 set of 1 rep, then 1 set of 2 reps…etc. up to 5. Then, go from 5 reps all the way back down to one rep of the exercise.)
Henry Cavill says that the Superman workout was hard, but his motivation made it easy:
It was tough, really tough. The workout was hell and wonderful at the same time. I’m training 2-and-a-half hours a day, pushing my body beyond its normal limits. I’m putting a lot of muscle mass on and just making myself look like Superman.
When you feel you can’t push any harder, or you can’t lift any more weight, you think ‘Well hold on a second, I’ve gotta look like Superman.’
Henry Cavill was also inspired to work out hard by both of his brothers. They’re both in the military. One is ex-army. The other is a Royal Marine in England.