Double Leg Lifts Pilates Exercise: Pretending You’re A Mermaid
Double Leg Lifts are a Pilates exercise that strongly works your core. By keeping your legs firmly together, you transfer most of the work toward your abs. This is more challenging than most Pilates exercises because you have to keep your legs straight. Most trainers call this the Mermaid exercise. This is because it is important for you to keep your legs straight, pretending you are a mermaid, while they are in the air. By doing an excellent job of channeling your inner mermaid, this exercise works:
- Lower Abs
Double Leg Lifts Exercise
To perform the Double Leg Lifts Pilates Exercise:
- Lay down with your hands behind your head.
- Inhale, and then exhale with your legs moving into a crunch position.
- Extend both of your legs toward the ceiling.
- Keeping your legs straight, and lower your legs to 45 degrees.
- Then, bring your legs back to starting position.
- Again, slowly lower your legs to 45 degrees, while inhaling.
- Exhale, as you bring your legs back to starting position.
- The Miley Cyrus workout uses the Double Leg Lifts Pilates exercise, as part of her Mari Winsor Pilates Routine.
- The Audrina Patridge workout also uses this exercise to tone her abs, and look hot in a bathing suit.
If you like Double Leg Lifts, you can try a modification. In the video below, see how you can work your obliques by doing Side Leg Lifts:
Interested in the Pilates workout that Miley Cyrus uses? Get the Mari Winsor Pilates DVD Workouts (on Amazon). Now, you can do the Miley Cyrus Pilates workout, any time you want, in the comfort of your home!
Help Share the Double Leg Lifts Pilates Exercise
Know anyone that can benefit from the Double Leg Lifts Pilates exercise? Or, who simply likes channeling their inner Mermaid?
Share The Double Leg Lifts Pilates Exercise!