Criss Cross: Pilates Exercise To Work Your Core
The Criss Cross Pilates Exercise works your core. You can use a rope to ensure proper form. To get the full effect, make sure to keep your core tight throughout the exercise. The Criss Cross Pilates Exercise will work your core. Because your feet are off the ground, the exercise especially works your obliques and lower abs.
In this exercise, the powerhouse should be your core, not your spine. Remember to breath throughout the exercise. Keep your body centered, allowing you to focus on your core. Concentrate on using fluid motions. This will put the stress on your abs, not other parts of your body.
How to Perform the Criss Cross Pilates Exercise
To perform the Criss Cross Pilates Exercise:
- Lie on your back, reach your hands behind your head.
- Bring your legs up to tabletop position, one at a time.
- Squeeze your inner thighs together.
- On the exhale, rotate your ribcage to the left.
- Bend left knee and bring it toward your right arm.
- Switch, bringing your right knee as close as you can to your left arm.
Here’s an upbeat video illustrating the Criss Cross Pilates Exercise. They give the advice that you should be conceptually focusing on “armpit to knee” not “elbow to knee.”
- The Miley Cyrus workout uses the Criss Cross Pilates Exercise. Miley uses them, as part of the Mari Winsor Pilates Routine.
Here is Pilates legend, Mari Winsor, talking about how to do the Criss Cross Pilates exercise:
Interested in the Pilates Miley Cyrus does with her trainer, Mari Winsor? Get the Mari Winsor Pilates DVD Workouts (on Amazon). Now, you’re ready to do Miley Cyrus’ Pilates workout routine at-home!
Here’s a more laid back video explanation of the Criss Cross Pilates Exercise:
Help Share the Criss Cross Pilates Exercise
Know anyone that can benefit from the Criss Cross Pilates exercise?
Share it with them below: