Angelina Jolie Workout | Wednesday
Here’s the Angelina Jolie workout routine for Wednesday. Jolie uses a 5-10 lb. dumbbell weight for most of the following exercises. On Wednesday, the Angelina Jolie workout uses a circuit that has a total body/core focus.
For beginners, Gunnar Peterson only has them do the circuit training for one set all the way through. As his clients get more advanced, Gunnar increases the amount of times you do the entire circuit. Each workout then ends with an aerobic workout.
For the total body / core workout, aim for 15 reps of each exercise:
The Angelina Jolie workout requires a lot of hard work. In addition to circuit training and cardio, Angelina Jolie says she used yoga to get in Hollywood shape. One personal trainer says this, when looking at Angelina Jolie’s body:
Angelina’s frame is long, elegant, and delicate. Her slender arms have a softer look, toned but not very defined. Yoga, which keeps the arms constantly engaged and lengthened, lends itself to this type of physique.
For the Squat and Press, celebrity trainer to Beyonce and Jay-Z, Marco Borges (not Angelina’s trainer), explains it best with the following recommendations:
Keep your back straight and contract your core throughout the movement. Heels should always remain in contact with the ground. Keep your core, the muscles that support your abs and back, tight.
Angelina Jolie Workout | Thursday
Here’s the Angelina Jolie workout routine for Thursday. Gunnar Peterson uses this circuit training routine with many of his celebrity clients. The key is to change up the angles/planes of motion to work different parts of each muscle group.
Angelina Jolie uses a 5-10 lb. dumbbell weight for most of the following exercises. On Thursday, the she uses a circuit routine that focuses on her legs, arms, back & abs.
- Wide Dumbbell Squats (15 reps)
- Forward Lunges (15 reps)
- Side Lunges with Twist (15 reps)
- Squat and Press (15 reps)
- Stability Ball Leg Curls (10-12 reps)
- Cable Lat Pulldowns (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Rows (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
- Close Grip Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
- Crunches (15 reps)
- Reverse Crunches (15 reps)
- 30 secs of Mountain Climbers, Jump Rope, or High Knees.
- Repeat circuit 2-3 times (switch up the rotation of each exercise if you wish)
- 30-45 Minutes of (HITT) High Intensity Intervals Training Cardio work
Why does Angelina Jolie pay her trainer, Gunnar Peterson?
Because he is there to watch her form. Angelina Jolie’s trainer, Gunnar Peterson, says when you’re doing Wide Dumbbell Squats:
Imagine that you’re about to sit in a chair, keeping your back straight, eyes straight ahead, and your body spread from your heels to the balls of your feet. As you push yourself back up, imagine you have a rope around your belt buckle and someone’s tugging on it form the ceiling to pull you up. Think about actively pushing through your heels.
Gunnar Peterson, Angelina Jolie’s trainer, says that some people make mistakes, by going too far forward. When doing Forward Lunges:
Don’t lean too far forward. Your weight needs to stay on your heels. Shifting too far forward transfers your weight onto your toes, putting excessive torque on your knee joint. Instead, always keep your knee directly over your toes. One way to spot check yourself: Perform the exercise standing sideways to a mirror so you can watch how far down you come.
Angelina Jolie Workout | Friday
Here’s the Friday workout routine. Angelina Jolie uses a 5-10 lb. dumbbell weight for most of the following exercises. On Friday, the Angelina Jolie workout uses a circuit that focuses on her chest, shoulders, arms, & abs.
- Dumbbell Chest Press (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Flys (10-12 reps)
- Overhead Shoulder Press (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Curls (10-12 reps)
- Lateral Dumbbell Raises (10-12 reps)
- Triceps Extensions (10-12 reps)
- Wood Choppers aka Oblique Twists (15 each arm)
- Crunches (15 reps)
- Reverse Crunches (15 reps)
- Medicine Ball Push Ups (15 reps)
- Stability Ball Crunches (15 reps)
- Stability Ball Climbers (12 reps each leg)
- Planks (3 reps of 1 min hold)
- Repeat this circuit up to a total of 3 times (switch up the rotation of each exercise if you wish) and finish with:
- 30-45 Minutes of Cardio activity (walking, elliptical, stair machine or any other aerobic activity you enjoy)
Angelina Jolie says:
Oh, God, I struggle with low self-esteem all the time! I think everyone does. I have so much wrong with me, it’s unbelievable! I’m odd looking. Sometimes I think I look like a funny muppet… If you ask people what they’ve always wanted to do, most people haven’t done it. That breaks my heart!
On a lighter note, Angelina Jolie also says about her body, especially her skin:
I love to put on lotion. Sometimes, I’ll watch television and go into a lotion trance for an hour. I try to find brands that don’t taste bad, in case anyone wants to taste me.