Pilates One Hundred Exercise
The Pilates One Hundred Exercise works your core. You can use a rope to ensure proper form. To get the full effect, make sure to keep your core tight throughout the exercise. The Pilates One Hundred exercise will work the following:
Like all Pilates, One Hundreds are grounded in the idea of using your legs to work your core. All the leg work you do, is associated with proper spine alignment and focus on your core holding your body in place. In this exercise, the powerhouse should be your core, not your spine. Remember to breath throughout the exercise. Keep your body centered, allowing you to focus on your core. Concentrate on using fluid motions, that put the stress on your abs, not other parts of your body.
How to Perform the One Hundred Pilates Exercise
To perform the One Hundred Pilates Exercise:
- Bring the rope, or just your hands underneath your body.
- Extend your legs to a 45 degree angle while laying down.
- Bring your shoulders off the ground.
- Make 10 small pumps with your hands.
- Bend your knees toward your chest.
- Raise your hands above your shoulders, close to the ground.
- Make 10 more pumps above your body.
- Repeat entire exercise 4 more times, so that you complete 100 total repetitions.
Here’s a video talking illustrating the Pilates One Hundred Exercise:
- The Miley Cyrus workout uses the Pilates One Hundred exercise. Miley uses them, as part of the Mari Winsor Pilates Routine.
Here’s a workout with the Miley Cyrus / Mary Winsor version of the Pilates One Hundred Exercise:
Help Share the Pilates One Hundred Exercise
Know anyone that can benefit from the Pilates One Hundred exercise?
Share it with them below:
- hundred exercise
- one hundred workout exercises for women
- pilates exercise hundreds
- pilates hundreds exercise