Matthew McConaughey Workout
Matthew McConaughey choose celebrity trainer Gunnar Peterson to help train for his role in Magic Mike. This meant showing up to “The Compound” (aptly named because it’s hidden from the paparazzi), in Beverly Hills at 6 in the morning. In the 2 weeks leading up to the dance filming, Matthew McConaughey even worked out with Gunnar Peterson twice a day. The two have worked together since Sahara in 2005.
Matthew McConaughey Workout Routine Monday- Legs, Abs & Cardio
Here’s the Monday Matthew McConaughey workout routine. McConaughey does legs abs & cardio as part of his workout routine for Monday. Do Circuit 1 and Circuit 2, then repeat each circuit 2 more times. Then, move on to Circuit 3 (cardio). Gunnar Peterson will switch up the rotation of each exercise in the circuit. Do that if you wish to keep your body on edge through the workout routine.
Do Circuit 1 & 2 (then repeat 2 more times), then proceed to Circuit 3.
- Circuit 1
- Circuit 2
- Then repeat each 2 more times.
- Circuit 3
Rest 1 min between circuit, but don’t rest between each set
Circuit 1 – 3 sets total
- Dumbbell Squat and Press (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Forward Lunges (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Side Lunges (10-12 reps)
- Stability Ball Leg Curls (10-12 reps)
Circuit 2 – 3 sets, 30 secs per exercise, 15 secs rest every 2nd exercise.
- Forearm Plank with Leg Lift
- Twisting Planks
- Reverse Crunches
- Walking Planks
- Leg Lifts
- Abdominal Twists
- Mountain Climbers
Circuit 3 – Cardio (Repeat this circuit 9 times)
- 5 minutes on any Cardio Machine
- 1 minute Jumping Rope ($6 on Amazon)
Now, why repeat the Cardio circuit 9 times? Because Gunnar Peterson splits his clients’ cardio circuits that way. He finds that people work harder when asked to train for short bouts of time. If he were to say, “go on that cardio machine for an hour,” his clients would take it easy. Matthew McConaughey was motivated to work his lower body hard for Magic Mike:
Vanity, baby! You get a bunch of guys who are already in shape, make sure they get in peak shape, tell them that you’re going to be in a stripping movie. That your backside is going to be 40 feet tall and wide in the center of the screen.
- matthew mcconaughey workout
- matthew mcconaughey training
- matthew mcconaughey weight loss plan
- matthew mcconaughey weight magic mike
- matthew mcconaughey work out
- matthew mcconaughey workout 2014
- matthew mcconaughey workout for fools gold
- matthew mcconaughey workout for magic mike