Jennifer Lopez WorkoutThe Jennifer Lopez workout uses squats and lunges to work her famous backside. J. Lo works out with celebrity fitness trainer, Gunnar Peterson. He is also famous for the Kim Kardashian workout. Jennifer Lopez has worked out with Gunnar Peterson for almost a decade. Recently, she has started using the Tracy Anderson Method, made popular by Gweneth Paltrow and Madonna.
Jennifer Lopez Trainer Gunnar Peterson
Jennifer Lopez works out with Gunnar Peterson 4-5 times a week. He focuses on circuit training, where he has Jennifer Lopez do a lot of mixed cardio, resistance training and plyometrics. When she’s traveling, Jennifer Lopez loves using the Tracy Anderson Method everywhere she goes.
Resistance training is important because it shapes and tones your body. Gunnar Peterson, famous for the body behind both Jennifer Lopez and Kim Kardashian, says:
If you want to enhance the shape of your butt, as well as tone and tighten, the most important exercises are squats and lunges. Be sure to use weights, weights, weights…and then some weights!
Jennifer Lopez On Body Image
Jennifer Lopez has embraced her body, and loves to lift weights. She says her workout is not about being skinny, since, she says:
It wouldn’t work. I have a butt, I have boobs and I have woman’s curves. There is no way I’d see them go to zero. I hate to look in a magazine and see a picture of a girl who looks so thin she looks unhappy. As if she just needs someone to give her a good meal. There are girls out there who are naturally thin and who look great, but it’s got to the point where models are dropping dead on catwalks because it’s all about being thin. It’s insane.
Jennifer Lopez Monday Routine – Legs, Biceps, Back & Abs
For most of the following exercises, J. Lo uses 5-10 pound weights. Here’s the Jennifer Lopez workout plan:
- Wide Dumbbell Squats (10-12 reps)
- Side Lunges with Twist (10-12 reps)
- Skater Lunge (10-12 reps)
- Stability Ball Leg Curls (10-12 reps)
- Cable Lat Pulldowns (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Rows (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
- Close Grip Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
- Turkish Get Ups (10-12 reps)
- Crunches (10-15 reps)
- Reverse Crunches (10-15 reps)
- 30 secs of Mountain Climbers, Jump Rope, or High Knees.
- Repeat circuit 2-3 times (switch up the rotation of each exercise if you wish)
- 30-45 Minutes of (HITT) High Intensity Intervals Training Cardio work
Gunnar Peterson, Jennifer Lopez’s trainer, says that he likes compound movements, like the Side Lunges with a Twist. Here, Jennifer Lopez hold a five to ten pound weight in each hand.She squats down, then twists to the left, raising her right heal off the ground, while pushing the weights up over her head. She then returns to starting position, and then twists to the right.
When it comes to circuit training and cardio, use what you like. Gunnar Peterson says:
I’m a big fan of a lot of different moments. I do big sequences back to back spliced with high intensity cardio stuff, which could be anything from a rower, to a stair climber, to a treadmill.
Trending At Pop Workouts:
- jennifer lopez workout routine
- how to get a bum like jennifer lopez
- who has a bigger butt halle berry or kim k
- what workout does jlo do?
- what is j-los body shape