Demi Moore WorkoutThe Demi Moore workout and diet are what she used to become G.I Jane. Transforming into Lieutenant Jordan O’Neil, the first female Navy SEAL, was not an easy task. The Demi Moore workout included real Navy SEAL training, combined with a lot of strength, cardio, and martial arts.
For G.I. Jane, the Demi Moore workout would start at 4:00 am, in order to finish before filming started. The Demi Moore workout included living in New York City, where she had multiple security guards following her while running in Central Park.
Demi Moore tapped two different trainers to get in shape for the role, Gregory Joujon-Roche and Stephen Helvenston. She used celebrity trainer Gregory Joujon-Roche for getting in shape, and Navy SEAL instructor Stephen Helvenston to gain that visceral, Navy SEAL mindset while filming.
Sources for the Demi Moore workout routine include:
- Interviews with Demi Moore while promoting G.I. Jane
- Interviews with Demi Moore’s trainer, Gregory Joujon-Roche of Holistic Fitness.
- Gregory Joujon-Roche’s book, One Body, One Life: Six Weeks to the New You
- Interviews in Harper’s Bazaar, Shape Magazine, and Fitness Magazine.
Demi Moore Workout Monday Routine = Chest & Shoulders
Here’s the Demi Moore workout plan:
- 1 hour cardio on Treadmill (@2% Incline) with Abs Intervals
- 1-2 hours weightlifting: Chest / Shoulders
Here’s the Demi Moore Treadmill Cardio/Abs Routine. Demi Moore’s trainer, Gregory Joujon-Roche suggests using a heart monitor to make sure you’re at the correct heart rate levels.
- Do 20 minutes on Treadmill (@2% Incline)
- After 10 minutes, make sure you’re heart rate is @75%
- After 20 minutes, stop and do these three core abs exercises: (Ab Circuit)
- Accordion Crunches
- Side Bridges
- 2 minutes treadmill @ 85% heart rate (160 BPM)
- Repeat Ab Circuit (4 sets: Abs/2min/Abs/2min/Abs/2min/Abs/5min)
- Do 2 minute sprint between each ab circuit
- After 4th set of abs, end with run on treadmill for 5 minutes @87%
- One-Arm Push-Up
- Dive Bombers
- Dumbbell Bench Press or (Swiss Ball Push-Ups)
- Advanced Chest Flys
- Cable Flys or (Swiss Ball Incline Flys)
- Military Press
- Shoulder Workout Plan: Lateral Flys
- Front Raises
- Barrel Flys
Explaining the Single-Arm Push-Up, Demi Moore workout trainer Gregory Joujon-Roche, says:
A one-armed push-up doesn’t come from your shoulder. I tell [Demi Moore]. It comes from your butt. From your stomach. Most especially, it comes from the big toe on the opposite side of your supporting arm. It’s all about distributing your power. It’s a support-system move, more than a power move.