Angelina Jolie Workout
Angelina Jolie workout uses a lot of circuit training. This means Jolie is constantly doing different exercises that work her arms, abs, chest, hamstrings and glutes. Peterson like to throw in a lot of movements that work Angelina’s core, in addition to multiple muscle groups. Circuit training is beneficial because it combines strength training and cardio exercise. So, here’s the Angelina Jolie Workout Routine, as designed by her trainer Gunnar Peterson:
Angelina Jolie Workout Routine Monday – Legs, Arms, Back & Abs
- Wide Dumbbell Squats (15 reps)
- Forward Lunges (15 reps)
- Side Lunges with Twist (15 reps)
- Squat and Press (15 reps)
- Stability Ball Leg Curls (10-12 reps)
- Cable Lat Pulldowns (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Rows (10-12 reps)
- Dumbbell Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
- Close Grip Bicep Curls (10-12 reps)
- Crunches (15 reps)
- Reverse Crunches (15 reps)
- 30 secs of Mountain Climbers, Jump Rope, or High Knees.
- Repeat circuit 2-3 times (switch up the rotation of each exercise if you wish)
- 30-45 Minutes of (HITT) High Intensity Intervals Training Cardio work
The Angelina Jolie workout allows her to feel alive as she transforms into Hollywood shape. About her body image and transformations, she says:
I think all women go through periods where we hate this about ourselves, we don’t like that. It’s great to get to a place where you dismiss anything you’re worried about. I find flaws attractive. I find scars attractive. I don’t see myself as beautiful, because I can see a lot of flaws. People have really odd opinions. They tell me I’m skinny, as if that’s supposed to make me happy.
Why does Angelina Jolie pay her trainer, Gunnar Peterson?
Because he has not only designed the Angelina Jolie workout, but also because he is there to watch her form. For the “Side Lunge with a Twist” (one of Gunnar Peterson’s signature moves), stand with your feet parallel. Gunnar says:
Then, take a large step back with one foot. For balance, make sure the heel is now perpendicular to the rest of your body. After stepping back with one foot, lower your body down to the ground. For balance, lower your hands down over your front leg as you perform the Side Lunge with a Twist.